Showing posts tagged side.
Three Cheese Macaroni with a Kick
Source - http://kiddiescornerdeals.com/2011/05/cheese-macaroni-cheese-kick/
Three cheese macaroni and cheese with sharp cheddar, mozzarella, an pepper jack cheese baked in the oven. Creamy side dishIngredients
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4-6 dashes hot sauce
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese-shredded
- 3 oz mozzarella cheese-shredded
- 3 oz pepper jack cheese-shredded
- reserve 1 oz of each cheese for topping
- Cooking Spray
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a large pot on medium/high heat, melt butter.
- Blend in flour, dry mustard, salt and pepper to make a roux.
- Gradually stir in milk(1/2 cup at a time) stirring well after each addition.
- Constantly stir until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Add cheeses and hot sauce.
- Whisk until cheese is melted.
- Add pasta to pot and mix well.
- Spray a 3 quart casserole dish lightly with cooking spray.
- Add macaroni and cheese to the oven dish and top with reserved cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving. Top with more pepper
Add a buttered toasted breadcrumb topping if you like before baking